Welcome to the parents' & friends' association
The Moriah College Parents’ and Friends’ Association, better known as the P&F, has been in existence since the College started in 1943 and serves as a link between the parents and the College as a whole.
Our reason for being is simply to provide service.
We achieve this in a number of ways, but mainly through:
- Fundraising and
Of course, “service” means different things to different people.
Our definition includes:
Providing service to the entire student body (ELC – 12) through:
- Managing the uniform shop
- Catering for school events
- Preparing class lists
- Distributing annual books and stationery
Providing essentials and extras to the entire College - both staff and students - with funds raised by the P&F:
- Purchasing playground and audio-visual equipment
- Purchasing musical instruments
- Helping to implement the College’s special needs program
Most recently, our funds have enabled us to:
- Make better use of our existing computers and IT facilties, supporting larger numbers of students and staff
- Trial wireless networking in the Primary School (now implemented throughout the College)
- Facilitate mobile classrooms within the Primary School
- Finalise the purchase of "Elvis", the state-of-the-art school bus
- Purchase computerised Interactive White Boards for each classroom in the new Primary School building
Finally, we provide services to the parent body by offering them the opportunity to:
- Have hands-on involvement in College activities
- Make new friends and form great networks
- Support our children's education and College experience
Parents' & Friends' Association
Loren Kalish and Natalie Sassoon - Co-Presidents
Volunteers from the parent body are an integral part of the P&F. Everyone in this Association counts, and your contribution is invaluable to us.
We have a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year including:
Father’s/Mother’s Day Stalls
Volunteers are needed for all of the above tasks and events. If you are interested, please contact the P&F Office on (+61) 02 9375 1780.